Services for private Landlords and Letting agents
HGIS aim to provide you with an exceptional professional service. Our inventory reports are delivered via email in PDF format within 48 hours if requested. We charge very competitive fees for the high standard service we offer. Please do not hesitate to contact us for an estimated quotation. We are happy to receive last minute bookings and will endeavour to help you. Unlike other inventory clerks we do not have set office hours and are available whenever you need us.
What do we do?
We create a written inventory of the full condition and contents of the property before it is rented out. These details include:
- Details of all the fixtures and fittings within the property
- Photographs of all fixtures and fittings, including (where appropriate) serial numbers, make, and manuals. Photographs can be provided within the PDF or in a ‘cloud’ file.
- General condition of the fixtures and fittings within the property
- Make and serial numbers of all white goods
- List of manuals held within the property
- Health and safety information including fire safety labels on furnishings complying with the Furniture and Fire Safety Regulations and smoke alarm power tests.
On the day the tenant moves in we will walk them through the property, and using the inventory report they have been given we will highlight the contents of the property in the same detail as the report itself. On completion we will ask them to agree and sign that what has been described within the report is correct. This is particularly important as the tenant is obliged to leave the property in the same condition as is stated within the report they have been given at check-in. We advise all tenants to be present at check-in to ensure they understand and agree with any comments that the clerk writes into the report. The check-in report includes:
- Confirmation of the general condition of the property and its contents
- Confirmation of the general condition of the garden, patios, terraces and/or balconies
- The Gas, Electricity and Water meter readings and accompanying photographs at the time of check-in
- A full list with accompanying photographs of any keys given to the tenant
- Handover of keys to the tenant and signing of check-in pro-forma.
We carry out a final inspection of a property and its contents at the end of the tenancy. This allows us to determine what changes there have been between the check-in conditions at the start of the tenancy. Keys are collected, meter readings are taken and tenants forwarding details are collected. Photographs are taken and referenced to the relevant section. Our check-out report details what we have seen and recommendation of further action required. The check-out report details include:
- Any changes to the general condition of the property and its contents
- Notable damages
- Any changes to the general condition of the garden, patios, terraces or balconies
- Gas, electric and water meter readings
- Summary of cleanliness of the property
- Receipt of keys
- Recommendations to owner/landlord for maintenance schedule prior to next check-in
We carry out a mid-term inspection usually after the first three months. We assess the condition of the property and discuss any damage with the tenant, landlord or letting agent. By having these reports, you can save yourself time and money before the end of the tenancy.
The mid-term inspection report details include:
- Maintenance issues
- General condition of the property
- Any damage to fixtures or fittings
- Signs of sub-letting
- Unauthorized pets
Garden Maintenance Plan
We create a written maintenance plan of permanent garden plants before it is rented out. These details include:
- Basic drawing of the garden
- Basic individual drawings of the beds with plants identified and listed in each bed
- Maintenance plan for the garden- feeding, watering, pruning, weeding, pest and disease management (if applicable).